This site is dedicated to Samuel B. Harris, and to others who like him, seek a rational, evidential basis for what they choose to believe about the nature of our world. The evidence presented on this site suggests that:
1) The orbits of the bodies of our Solar System and their correlations with each other, in terms of what an observer from earth is able to see, are not random. Though our Solar System must have originated from whirling masses of molten rock and hot gases, a process which would certainly be expected to have a random result, the end result of its formation has not been random. The cycles and orbits we now observe seem to have been carefully designed, with specific purposes in mind.
2) The key feature of this design which will be observed here is that every planet’s cycle is found to be related in some way to an ongoing cycle of 49 years in length.
3) These relationships to the 49-year cycle are not simple. Most of the patterns found have relatively long periods, of at least 147 years (3 x 49 – Saturn and Venus), and sometimes as much as 343 years (7 x 49 – Jupiter), 441 years (9 x 49 – Saturn and Mars), 931 years (19 x 49 – Mars), 980 years (20 x 49 – Venus), 1029 years (21 x 49 – Saturn), 1127 years (23 x 49 – Jupiter), 4116 years (84 x 49 – Jupiter), 4949 years (101 x 49 – Saturn), or even 24,745 years (505 x 49 – Saturn). So without the global view of past, present and future configurations of our Solar System, made possible only in recent years by computer software, it’s unlikely that any of these relationships, except possibly the shortest cycles of only a few hundred years or less in length, were known to ancient observers of the sky.
4) But yet the ancient Hebrews from the land of Israel knew and followed a 49-year cycle. This 49-year cycle, the Jubilee cycle, was part of what the Jewish people were commanded to follow by the one they knew as their Creator, through direct revelation to Moses, the one who was serving as their leader at the time that they first became an independent nation.
5) They didn’t claim any relationship between this 49-year cycle and the cycles of the planets, but yet there it stands, for us to see and examine. At the time of Moses, who would have understood the deep significance of a 49-year cycle? Who would have known, that to match up with the cycles of the ages marked out by the planets, this cycle needed to be not 48, not 50, but 49 years? No human would likely have known, unless this too was given by direct revelation. The 8-year cycle of Venus could potentially have marked either a 48-year or 49-year Jubilee cycle, but when we look at the more global, long-term picture, seeing how Venus also so neatly marks out a 3-Jubilee cycle of 147-years, 49 emerges as the better overall match. The most straightforward explanation suggested by all these things is that the cycles and orbits of the planets were indeed carefully designed, and that their designer and the one called Creator by the ancient Hebrew people are one and the same.
And this Creator, by means of His careful design of the Solar System, ensured that a timetable would be recorded in the heavens, as if in indelible ink, where it could never be subjected to the careless error of a scribe, or to intentional manipulation by religious leaders who didn’t know Him, so that it could serve in these latter times as a reliable witness to who He is. It’s the discourse of the ages, described in the first 4 verses of Psalm 19:
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
There is deep treasure here to be unearthed. As of today probably only a small fraction has been understood, but yet it’s already enough to make a case for the identity of the Creator of all these things. Please join me in the study of this discourse, that we all may come to fully understand all that He chose to record for us here.